– When I lay on his lap and he gently caresses my head (and messes up my hair).
– When I cry and he offers me his thumb to suck on as a comforting tool.
– When I insist on hogging his thumb for extended periods of time (which to a baby is about… 5 minutes) and he does nothing to reclaim his thumb except to just plainly give an exasperated sigh and let me go on hogging his thumb.
– When I tell him to “stick close to mommy” (especially when it rains when we’re out or when we’re crossing the road) and he will hold on to me like a Koala Bear and lay his head on my chest.
– When he selflessly shares his favorite biscuits with me. Even if it’s the last one in the box.
– When he hands me a toy he happily is playing with, just because I say “Can I have it, please?”
– When he is keen to share with me every wonderful thing he has discovered and every new skill he has mastered.
– When he calls out “mama” whenever he’s in agony.
– When he looks deep into my eyes and smiles. As if to say “Mama, I love you.” 🙂
– When a stranger holds him, and he looks to me to say “Mama, you’ll be watching out for me, right?”
Yes, my baby loves me through his own little ways. And I don’t doubt it at all. 🙂