Going through recent bloggers’ events have made me realise there is a certain “protocol” that invited bloggers adhere to:
– Blogging frequently, or even excessively, with interesting content.
– Interesting content MUST include at least three of the following:
- self-taken photos (aka camwhore pics)
- pictures of food
- basically just have lots of photos lah!
- interesting ideas or concepts regarding the society we live in
- reviews for hair extensions, make-up, tech gadgets, etc
- sharing of “useful” information (Visit Cowboy Caleb for illustration purposes)
- paid ads from Nuffnang, Advertlets or Blog2U (seems to be one of the most important factors)
So basically if you don’t follow the above “protocol”, you probably won’t get invited to any blogger events. (Self inviting does not count as being invited.) I read at least half a dozen of very interesting bloggers — with humorous personal anecdotes written in good English — but none (that I know of) get invited to Bloggers’ Events.
Now, let’s make a guess whether I have been invited to any bloggers’ events before… 😆