- One episode of Hi-5 – approx 20 minutes
- Biscuits, in front of telly – approx 20 minutes
- An apple, in front of telly – approx 30 minutes
- Fish cubes – approx 5 minutes
- A slice of bread, in front of telly – approx 15 minutes
- Bathtub filled with water and bath toys – approx 30 minutes
- A “new” box of toys – approx 1 hour
- A stack of colorful books – approx 40 minutes
- Filling up the washing machine – approx 10 minutes
- Folding laundry – approx 15 minutes (with nothing actually folded properly)
However, I realise today that after using the “Apple Distraction Technique”, I have to spend about 5 minutes picking up all the little pieces of apple peel from the floor.
Somehow he has taken a distaste towards apple peel and picks them out from his mouth and conveniently chucks them onto the floor. Dammit.